Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Thursday, September 16, 2010

Soul Screamers by Rachel Vincent

So this week I started the Soul Screamers series by Rachel Vincent.  I finished the first two, My Soul To Take and My Soul To Save, and am in the process of reading the third, My Soul To Keep.

From GoodReads: She doesn't see dead people, but…

She senses when someone near her is about to die. And when that happens, a force beyond her control compels her to scream bloody murder. Literally.
Kaylee just wants to enjoy having caught the attention of the hottest guy in school. But a normal date is hard to come by when Nash seems to know more about her need to scream than she does. And when classmates start dropping dead for no apparent reason, only Kaylee knows who'll be next…

From GoodReads: “If she were going to die, I’d already be screaming. I’m a banshee. That’s what we do.”

The last thing Kaylee needs right now is to be skipping school, breaking her dad’s ironclad curfew and putting her boyfriend’s loyalty to the test. But starry-eyed teens are trading their souls for a flickering lifetime of fame and fortune in exchange for eternity in the Netherworld — a consequence they can’t possibly understand. Kaylee can’t let that happen, even if trying to save their souls means putting her own at risk....
I have to start off by saying that I loved the fact that Rachel wrote an original, interesting story.  I mean come on, who else has wrote a book about banshees? Excuse me, I meant bean sidhes. lol
This story was new and fun with a sprinkling of emotional tear-jerkers.  I enjoyed it a lot.  My favorite character through both books was Tod.  He was annoying, endearing, and loveable.  I can't wait to finish the third book and look forward to the release of the fourth.

No comments:

Post a Comment