Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Ghost Town by Rachel Caine

So my AWESOME boss, Rachel Caine, sent me an ARC of Ghost Town, the 9th book in the Morganville Vampires series.  I finished the book over the weekend, but due to an EXTREMELY hectic schedule I have been unable to post a review on it until now.
FORGIVE ME!!!  So, without further delay, I give you GHOST TOWN!!!!

From GoodReads:  The fragile peace between humans and vampires in Morganville is in trouble, and when Claire takes drastic action, she's put under serious pressure to re-establish the barriers that keep the town residents inside, and wipe the memories of those who leave. But working with her half-crazy vampire boss Myrnin means that things don't always turn out as planned ... and as the people of Morganville begin acting strangely, Claire and her friends must solve the mystery and try to put things right. But one by one, her allies are turning on her ... even the ones she trusts most.

I must start out by saying that I devoured this book in mere hours. Rachel has pumped up the creepy factor in Morganville to 1000 in Ghost Town!  If you thought the vampires in Morganville were devious, evil, kill-all-humans before, just wait until you see them now!  This book has twice the random attacks, twice the RUN FOR YOUR LIFE moments, and best of all TWICE THE MYRNIN!!!!
For those of you out there with an undying love of Claire's super crazy boss, Myrnin, you will be excited to know that Myrnin is once again front and center for Ghost Town!  But sorry guys, that's all the spoilery info I'm giving out today!  Just trust me when I say that October 26th you need to RUN, not walk, to your nearest bookstore and get the newest addition to the Morganville Vampires! Rachel has,once again,out-done herself!  Ghost Town was exciting, creepy, riveting, and,most of all, filled with Myrnin!!! My only complaint about the book, not enough Bob. lol

No comments:

Post a Comment