Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Sunday, September 19, 2010

In My Mailbox

So this week's In My Mailbox is brought to you buy The Fort Dodge Public Library! lol As you know, I am a librarian at two libraries.  Unfortunately, both libraries are small town libraries with EXTREMELY limited budgets. So to "try before I buy" books for these libraries, I go to a nearby bigger city and get new releases from their library.  The Fort Dodge Public Library has been lucky enough to have several foundations that fundraise and purchase books for them, giving them an OVERWHELMING book collection.  This week in particular, I SCORED, getting not one, not two, but ELEVEN newly released books from my TBR list!  By the time I post this weeks WoW on Sunday, some may have already been read and reviewed, but I am going to list them here anyway!


So needless to say, this week will be spent with a book in my hands every spare moment I get!!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!! you won Tattoos & Tequila: To Hell and Back with One of Rock's Most Notorious Frontmen
    by Vince Neil from Books and Bliss. If you could email me your address info I'll get the book out to you as soon as possible!!

    booksandbliss@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete