Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Thursday, September 9, 2010

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

So just this very minute I finished Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare.  I honestly couldn't wait a second to jump on here and rave about this book.  It has taken me a week to read it, only because I was not allowed to call in to work. Seriously. I was so wrapped up in this book from the moment I opened it that I very well could have called in to work so that I wouldn't have to put it down.  However, hubby put a quick stop to that idea.

From GoodReads: Magic is dangerous—but love is more dangerous still.

When sixteen-year-old Tessa Gray crosses the ocean to find her brother, her destination is England, the time is the reign of Queen Victoria, and something terrifying is waiting for her in London's Downworld, where vampires, warlocks and other supernatural folk stalk the gaslit streets. Only the Shadowhunters, warriors dedicated to ridding the world of demons, keep order amidst the chaos.
Kidnapped by the mysterious Dark Sisters, members of a secret organization called The Pandemonium Club, Tessa soon learns that she herself is a Downworlder with a rare ability: the power to transform, at will, into another person. What's more, the Magister, the shadowy figure who runs the Club, will stop at nothing to claim Tessa's power for his own.
Friendless and hunted, Tessa takes refuge with the Shadowhunters of the London Institute, who swear to find her brother if she will use her power to help them. She soon finds herself fascinated by—and torn between—two best friends: Jem, whose fragile beauty hides a deadly secret, and blue-eyed Will, whose caustic wit and volatile moods keep everyone in his life at arm's length...everyone, that is, but Tessa.
As their search draws them deep into the heart of an arcane plot that threatens to destroy the Shadowhunters, Tessa realizes that she may need to choose between saving her brother and helping her new friends save the world...and that love may be the most dangerous magic of all.

So, how do I review a book that has left me speechless and gasping for air?  I am sitting here right now with just a flash of words running through my head. Brilliant, beautiful, stunning, awesome, amazing, gut-wrenching, and heartache are but a few.
The story itself was beautifully told, it played out like a movie in my head with every scene scripted perfectly.  The characters were mesmorizing and brought to life so well that I felt every gut-wrenching twist and turn right along with them.  The plot thickened and twisted until I was being stunned into silence. 
I cannot say enough great things about this book to even begin to give you an idea of how brilliant it was.  Cassandra Clare is masterful in her detail and in this world that she brings to life .  I can only bow before her awesomeness.  If you have not read this book yet, RUN, DON'T WALK to the nearest store and BUY IT! YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment