Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Thursday, September 16, 2010

Claire De Lune by Christine Johnson

From GoodReads: Torn between two destinies?

Claire is having the perfect sixteenth birthday. Her pool party is a big success, and gorgeous Matthew keeps chatting and flirting with her as if she's the only girl there. But that night, she discovers something that takes away all sense of normalcy: she's a werewolf.
As Claire is initiated into the pack of female werewolves, she must deal not only with her changing identity, but also with a rogue werewolf who is putting everyone she knows in danger. Claire's new life threatens her blossoming romance with Matthew, whose father is leading the werewolf hunt. Now burdened with a dark secret and pushing the boundaries of forbidden love, Claire is struggling to feel comfortable in either skin. With her lupine loyalty at odds with her human heart, she will make a choice that will change her forever?

I was a little disappointed with this book.  I expected it to be more somehow, and instead found myself being really annoyed with her mom, annoyed with the whining of her best friend, annoyed with Claire's internal whining, annoyed with who the bad guy turned out to be, and almost expecting more than what I got in the end.  So while this was a book that I didn't enjoy, I will read the second book that is coming in this series.  I think that Christine Johnson has a lot of potential to be an amazing writer that I will love and I hope she takes the next book and turns it into something awesome.  But for now, I am left wanting from this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment