Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Friday, March 4, 2011

Tempestuous by Lesley Livingston


From GoodReads: "I don't love Sonny Flannery."
That's the lie Kelley Winslow told to protect the boy she loves from a power he doesn't know he possesses. Devastated, Sonny retreats—to a haven for Lost Fae that's hidden deep underneath New York City.
But Kelley's not about to let things end in heartbreak. To get Sonny back, she's got to find out who's after his magick—and how to use her own. She's got to uncover who's recruiting Janus Guards to murderously hunt innocent Faerie. She's got to help rebuild the shattered theater company she called family. And she's got to do it all without getting dangerously distracted by the Fennrys Wolf, whose legendary heart of stone seems to melt whenever he's around Kelley.
The intrigue and romance that began with Wondrous strange andDarklight come to a stormy head in Tempestuous, the breathtaking conclusion to Lesley Livingston's ravishing urban Faerie trilogy.

When I first picked up Wondrous Strange almost a year ago, I was just coming off of reading Melissa Marr's Wicked Lovely series and doubted anything could be as good.  I was completely surprised when I loved Wondrous Strange just as much, but in a completely different way.  I loved the Shakespeare that Lesley Livingston brought into this story, I loved the scenery of Central Park (somewhere I have never been, but could totally visualize through her amazingly descriptive writing), and most of all I fell in love with ever single character.  I got Dark Light and expected it to let me down.  There was no way she was going to write a second book that could compete with the awesomeness that was Wondrous Strange, but once again, she rocked my world.  Darklight was even more brilliant than Wondrous Strange.  I devoured it and have read it several times since.  
Now Tempestuous comes along, and I again stupidly thought that there was no way it could get better than Darklight.  And for the third time, I was wrong.  Tempestuous brought in more action, more adventure, more chaotic emotions, and a rollercoaster ride of who's the bad guy all the way to the end.  And while Darklight is still my absolute favorite, Tempestuous did not let me down or leave me hanging in anyway.  I can't wait to see what surprises and brilliant visual creations Lesley Livingston has up her sleeve next. She is a BRILLIANT, AMAZING, and VISUALLY STUNNING writer and I know that anything she writes will be gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment