Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Friday, March 4, 2011

The Everafter by Amy Huntley


From GoodReads: Madison Stanton doesn't know where she is or how she got there. But she does know this - she is dead. And alone in a vast, dark space. The only company Maddy has in this place are luminescent objects that turn out to be all the things she lost while she was alive. And soon she discovers that, with these artifacts, she can reexperience - and even change - moments from her life.
Her first kiss.
A trip to Disney World.
Her sister's wedding.
A disastrous sleepover.
In reliving these moments, Maddy learns illuminating and frightening truths about her life - and death.

I absolutely loved the concept of this book and the direction in which Amy Huntley tried to take it.  Unfortunately, I found it lacking, though I can't really put my finger on what it was lacking.  I really tried to like this book, it was like every chapter was a story in itself.  But I found parts of it confusing at the beginning, like I was never told what was actually going on and I had to figure out the puzzle without all the pieces.  So I have to say that this book wasn't great for me, however, I look forward to reading more by Amy Huntley, I think she has the potential to take her ideas and create magic with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment