Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Friday, March 4, 2011

Extraordinary by Nancy Werlin


From GoodReads: Phoebe finds herself drawn to Mallory, the strange and secretive new kid in school, and the two girls become as close as sisters . . . until Mallory's magnetic older brother, Ryland, shows up during their junior year. Ryland has an immediate, exciting hold on Phoebe, but a dangerous hold, for she begins to question her feelings about her best friend and, worse, about herself. Soon she'll discover the shocking truth about Ryland and Mallory: that these two are visitors from the faerie realm who have come to collect on an age-old debt. Generations ago, the faerie queen promised Pheobe's ancestor five extraordinary sons in exchange for the sacrifice of one ordinary female heir. But in hundreds of years there hasn't been a single ordinary girl in the family, and now the faeries are dying. Could Phoebe be the first ordinary one? Could she save the faeries, or is she special enough to save herself?

I have to say, I was really disappointed in this book.  I wasn't loving the characters, I found them to not have the depth or the life I was looking for in them.  But the worst part was this secret that was talked about constantly through the book, though you don't find out what it is exactly until the end.  Nancy really built up this secret so that the whole book really depended on it to be a great secret, and I found the secret to be weak and didn't live up to the standard that she wanted it to.  I have read other books by Nancy Werlin and love her writing, but this book was a FAIL for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment