Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Friday, March 4, 2011

The Revealers by Amanda Marrone


From GoodReads: Jules has a rebellious streak, a massive crush on Connor, and the abilities of a Revealer witch. By day, she and her coven friends seem like typical high school seniors. By night, they have the power to make werewolves, vampires, and ghosts reveal themselves, so they can destroy them. It's not exactly cheerleading, but at least the girls know they're doing the world some good. 
One by one, Jules's friends turn eighteen and are initiated into the coven's inner circle. And one by one, they are getting completely freaked out. Jules is the youngest, and though her friends are too scared tell her what's going on, something's clearly not right. As her birthday approaches, Jules realizes she's got to find out what's behind the shadows of her coven before it's too late to save her friends...and herself. But what she discovers may be too powerful for even the toughest witches to defeat.

This book, like Low Red Moon, was a quick, instant gratification read.  I finished it in just a couple of hours and once again, did not really see the ending or the bad guy coming.  I thought it was an original, well-written story with very real, easy-to-like characters.  I am not sure if this book is a stand-alone or if this will be a series, but I hope it will be a series.  I want to know what is next for these characters and I look forward to reading more from Amanda Marrone.

No comments:

Post a Comment