Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Friday, March 4, 2011

The Dark Divine by Bree Despain


From GoodReads: Grace Divine—daughter of the local pastor—always knew something terrible happened the night Daniel Kalbi disappeared and her brother Jude came home covered in his own blood. 
Now that Daniel's returned, Grace must choose between her growing attraction to him and her loyalty to her brother. 
As Grace gets closer to Daniel, she learns the truth about that mysterious night and how to save the ones she loves, but it might cost her the one thing she cherishes most: her soul.

I went into The Dark Divine with no expectations or even knowing what it would be about.  I picked this book out because the cover drew me in.  (I'm completely a cover-picker when it comes to books and authors I haven't heard of before.  While most people think that is horrible and wrong, I can honestly say that I have yet to pick a bad book out when cover-picking.) 
I started this book and immediately wanted to put it down.  I just didn't get where it was going, I didn't understand what the big deal was about Daniel, and I didn't like that there was a big secret that I wasn't being told.  But I ran a hot bubble bath and forced myself to keep reading.  In the warm embrace of my tub I read for two hours, not only finishing the book, but enjoying every minute of it.  Once I got further in to the story I was rewarded with bits and pieces of the secret, enough to tease me and make me want more.  I started to really connect with the characters, feeling what Grace was going through and longing for her to find the answers for us both.  My only complaint about this book was that I didn't have the second book, The Lost Saint, to start immediately after.  I can't wait to see where this story heads in book two.  Bree Despain really caught my attention and I look forward to reading more of her work.

No comments:

Post a Comment