Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus

In Shadow Hills by Anastasia Hopcus, Phe (short for Persephone) goes off to boarding school in a town called Shadow Hills after the death of her sister.  She has been experiencing repeditive nightmares and strange coincidences, but she feels drawn to the school after reading about it in her sister's diary.  Once at the school she makes new friends, a few enemies, and meets Zach.  But the town of Shadow Hills is hiding a secret.  The people of Shadow Hills are strange, attracting metal objects, melting price guns, speed-reading an entire textbook in minutes, and it just gets weirder.  All the while Phe is being haunted by dreams that end up coming true. 
This book is really hard for me to review... while I enjoyed it a lot, I felt it was a little rushed in places and I thought the end was a little predictable.  However, if this book is just the first in a series, then I think it could be off to a great start and I look forward to the next book. But if this is a stand-alone, I would have to say I'm under-whelmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment