Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Thursday, August 12, 2010

In My Mailbox

So In My Mailbox is normally done on Sundays, but as I will gone camping with my family this weekend, I am posting it early. I ran out of books on Tuesday, so thank goodness the book I requested came yesterday and I actually managed to find a book at the library that I haven't read! Now at least I have something to read while fishing this weekend!
Here are the books I am reading!
This is Laney by Joann I. Martin Sowles.  It is the first in the Brookehaven Vampires series and comes out in October. 

From the Brookehaven Vampires Website:
In a small college town in Northern California, Laney Alexander leads a regular, uneventful life–that is, until the charming and alluring Oliver Knight enters her world. Who is this gorgeous and mysterious stranger? Or, rather, what is he?

As Laney’s sophomore year of college begins, so does an unbelievable adventure–including a love she didn’t know she longed for. She soon learns that Oliver is not ordinary, nor is the rest of his family, including a sister who openly hates her and a brother who will stop at nothing for revenge. As she fights for her life, and Oliver’s love, Laney discovers that the fictional world of vampires isn’t so fictional after all. Nobody is safe, especially Laney, Oliver’s most important priority, and he will stop at nothing to protect her. With her mortality at risk, and a commitment revealed that she, without a doubt, knows she wants, Laney’s life takes a thrilling and terrifying turn…

Just One Wish by Janette Rallison is not a new release, in fact it's almost a year old, yet somehow it slipped by me!  So I'm making up for it now!

From GoodReads:
Seventeen-year-old Annika Truman knows about the power of positive thinking. With a little brother who has cancer, it’s all she ever hears about. And in order to help Jeremy, she will go to the ends of the earth (or at least as far as Hollywood) to help him believe he can survive his upcoming surgery.



But Annika’s plan to convince Jeremy that a magic genie will grant him any wish throws her a curveball when he unexpectedly wishes that his television idol would visit him. Annika suddenly fi nds herself in the desperate predicament of getting access to a hunky star actor and convincing him to come home with her. Piece of cake, right?







1 comment:

  1. Hi! I found you through bookblogs.ning. I'm a new follower!
    I hope you can check out my blog sometime (and possibly return the favor :)

    -Elena
    elenasbookcafe.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete