Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Insatiable by Meg Cabot


So, being a Library Director, as well as a Children's and Teen's Librarian, I am quite familiar with Meg Cabot's books.  However, to my knowledge, she has never written a Sci-Fi/Fantasy book.  Nor has she wrote a book that I was particularly drawn to reading.  That has changed with Insatiable. 
After watching several of Meg's faithfull reader's (mostly of her Inspirational works) bring this book back, I decided that I must at least check it out.  I was not disapointed. 
Insatiable is about Meena Harper, a writer for a daytime soap opera, who lives with her unemployed older brother.  After being attacked by bats and rescued by a tall, dark stranger, she falls into the crazy world of vampires and the war between two brothers.  She falls in love with the prince of the vampires, Lucien, becoming a pawn in his brother, Dimitri's, plan to assassinate him.  Enter in Alaric Wulf, vampire hunter with the Palpatine Guard, who annoys, protects, and falls in love with Meena.
This entire book was a wild ride from start to finish that I enjoyed immensely.  Though I must say that my favorite part of this book was Meena's dog, Jack Bauer.  Yes.  The dog is named after Jack Bauer of 24.  I love it. So, without giving away too much, I leave you with this: Insatiable is a fun, fast-paced book that will take you on a wild ride through every page. I highly recommend you check it out.

1 comment:

  1. Oooh, I keep seeing this everywhere I go. Must check it out. Awesome review :)

    *huggles*

    ReplyDelete