Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins

So as I write this I can already hear the ustounded gasps that it will receive, but yes, until last night, I had not read Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  People have told me about it and I have thought 'yeah, maybe one day I'll read it'.  So finally yesterday, I did.
My reasoning: So I admit I had a motive behind reading this book.  I got an email on Thursday from a small collective of libraries in Iowa who (unbeknownst to me until Thursday) have held a mock Hunger Games at one of the colleges.  They invite all libraries in Iowa to send a "tribute" team to compete in feats of knowledge and strength.  Well of course, color me intruiged!  I know that a lot of kids from my book clubs have read this (and it is one of my boss's favorite books) and that they would LOVE to go.  I talked to my boss and we decided we HAVE to send a team!
So now I must recruit my 2-4 person team who have read the book and thought it may be slightly embarrassing if I was the only Teen Librarian there who hadn't read the books! lol Hence the reason I read it.
Sad isn't it? That I haven't read this phenomenon yet? Well I have now.  Today I start on Catching Fire, of course that will be after work and after a nap since I was up until 1a.m. finishing Hunger Games. And just as an F.Y.I. I am not going to review this book quite yet.  Since Mockingjay comes out very soon, I am going to wait and review all three books at the same time.  So keep your eye out! (Also, if you are in 6th to 12th grade and want to be on my "tribute" team, let me know!)

2 comments:

  1. If I'm too old for your tribute team--alas--can I come and watch the Iowa Hunger Games? When and where? Wendy Delsol (Team Gale, in case you're asking)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sent you an email about it! Hope to see you there! (Alas, I was Team Rue. Have to pick a new Team in Catching Fire!)

    ReplyDelete