Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Saturday, August 28, 2010

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

So I literally just finished Mockingjay and I am a TOTAL emotional wreck.  So I will try very hard to write a spoiler-free, coherent review. (Even though my keyboard is being splattered with tears as I write this)

From GoodReads: My name is Katniss Everdeen. Why am I not dead? I should be dead.

Katniss Everdeen, girl on fire, has survived, even though her home has been destroyed. Gale has escaped. Katniss's family is safe. Peeta has been captured by the Capitol. District 13 really does exist. There are rebels. There are new leaders. A revolution is unfolding.
It is by design that Katniss was rescued from the arena in the cruel and haunting Quarter Quell, and it is by design that she has long been part of the revolution without knowing it. District 13 has come out of the shadows and is plotting to overthrow the Capitol. Everyone, it seems, has had a hand in the carefully laid plans -- except Katniss.
The success of the rebellion hinges on Katniss's willingness to be a pawn, to accept responsibility for countless lives, and to change the course of the future of Panem. To do this, she must put aside her feelings of anger and distrust. She must become the rebels' Mockingjay -- no matter what the personal cost.

So I went into this book Team Katniss.  I felt that Peeta and Gale, they were just putting undo stress on a girl who is already stressed out to the max.  I felt that they should both just back off and give her some breathing room.  If anything I was Team Cinna, seeing as how he was the only guy in life who cared about doing what was best for Katniss. 
Now as I end Mockingjay, I am even more TEAM KATNISS!!! My God that girl is strong.  Stronger than any person should ever have to be.  Sure as expected, Mockingjay is FILLED with  twists, turns, agony, betrayal, and love.  It was an emotional rollercoaster that never stopped moving until the final page.  I highly suggest that once you get to the last few chapters, you read it with a box of tissues.  I bawled like a toddler with a skinned knee!  But through the entire book my heart was breaking for Katniss.  She endures situations that would bring the biggest hero to his knees. 
I give my highest praise to Suzanne Collins for writing such an epic series.  Hats off to you Madam, you are a literary master.  (Although I think you owe me a box of Kleenex!)
To those who haven't read this series, WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?  To those of you who have read the first two books, but are waiting to get Mockingjay, GO BUY IT! IT'S DEFINITELY WORTH THE MONEY!!!

1 comment:

  1. i think she might owe us all a box of kleenex, they maybe should have attached it to the book like a case of beer with a freebie on it.
    I've linked to your review on mine of the same, here: http://www.thediaryofabookworm.com/2010/08/mockingjay-review-with-nothing-you-cant.html

    ReplyDelete