Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Thursday, August 5, 2010

Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler

Before I start Ascendant, I wanted to write a review of a galley I read a few weeks ago.  This book was so emotional and amazing that I felt it deserved a raving review.  Hunger by Jackie Morse Kessler is a story about an anorexic girl, Lisa, who gets tapped by Death to become one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse, Famine.
This book is graphic and emotionally gripping.  There was several points where I wanted to cry from the graphic description of Lisa's pain and suffering from anorexia.  I can honestly say that ANY teenage girl that is even THINKING of becoming anorexic should read this story.  I tip my hat to Jackie for writing this BRILLIANT story and cannot wait to read more.

No comments:

Post a Comment