Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Monday, January 3, 2011

Awakened by P.C. and Kristin Cast


From GoodReads:At the start of Awakened, the pulse-pounding eighth installment of the bestselling House of Night series, Zoey has returned, mostly whole, from the Otherworld to her rightful place as High Priestess at the House of Night. Her friends are just glad to have her back, but after losing her human consort, Heath, will Zoey - or her relationship with her super-hot Warrior, Stark - ever be the same? Stevie Rae is drawn even closer to Rephaim, the Raven Mocker with whom she shares a mysterious and powerful Imprint, but he is a dangerous secret that isolates her from her school, her red fledglings, and even her best friends. When the dark threat of Neferet - who is coming closer and closer to achieving her twisted goal of immortality - and Kalona returns, what will it take to keep the House of Night from being lost forever, and what will one desperate girl do to keep her heart from being irreparably broken?


I have to start out by saying that still wish that they would have ended the series with Hunted.  I liked the way it ended and could have been satisfied with them stopping then.  I have read the books past number 5, but I have just felt that they lacked something that the first five books had.  I started to get annoyed with some of the characters, one in particular I was seriously praying they would just kill him already!! 
I started reading Awakened, expecting not to catch my attention like those before it.  Happily I can say that, where in the last two books took me two weeks each to read, I finished this one in just a mere 24 hours.
It wasn't really that the book was so great that I couldn't put it down, but it was starting to pique my interests a little.  I can't say that Awakened is a must read, but I do believe that the authors may be getting there second wind.   I do, however, look forward to their next book.  It'll be an amazing book if the Casts get their mojo going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment