Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Sunday, January 23, 2011

Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer


From GoodReads: Twelve-year-old Artemis Fowl is the most ingenious criminal mastermind in history. With two trusty sidekicks in tow, he hatches a cunning plot to divest the fairyfolk of their pot of gold. Of course, he isn't foolish enough to believe in all that "gold at the end of the rainbow" nonsense. Rather, he knows that the only way to separate the little people from their stash is to kidnap one of them and wait for the ransom to arrive. But when the time comes to put his plan into action, he doesn't count on the appearance of the extrasmall, pointy-eared Captain Holly Short of the LEPrecon (Lower Elements Police Reconnaisance) Unit--and her senior officer, Commander Root, a man (sorry, elf) who will stop at nothing to get her back.

So I was really excited to get this book.  My hubby and my boss said it was AMAZING.  Sadly, I was disappointed with it.  I really didn't like Artemis that much.  I don't know if I will continue this series or not.  I am hoping that, if I do read the next book, it will get better than this one was.  I thought the book was really slow, pretty predictable, and sadly, nothing like the description of "Die Hard with Faeries".

No comments:

Post a Comment