Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Tuesday, October 26, 2010

The Replacement by Brenna Yovanoff

From GoodReads:

Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in ...more Mackie Doyle is not one of us. Though he lives in the small town of Gentry, he comes from a world of tunnels and black murky water, a world of living dead girls ruled by a little tattooed princess. He is a Replacement, left in the crib of a human baby sixteen years ago. Now, because of fatal allergies to iron, blood, and consecrated ground, Mackie is fighting to survive in the human world.
Mackie would give anything to live among us, to practice on his bass or spend time with his crush, Tate. But when Tate's baby sister goes missing, Mackie is drawn irrevocably into the underworld of Gentry, known as Mayhem. He must face the dark creatures of the Slag Heaps and find his rightful place, in our world, or theirs.

I don't even know where to begin reviewing this book, the words to describe it won't come out right. I adored it.  It was creepy, saddening, exciting, heart-poundingly brilliant.  Mackie is so well written that  I found myself feeling everything he was feeling from scene to scene.  The hairs on my arms stood up from the eerie-factor of some of the scenes, especially the ones with the Morrigan in them.  This book was descriptive and detailed in such a way that sometimes you felt like you were actually in the story too.  It was an amazing book that I highly reccommend and will definitely read anything Brenna Yovanoff writes from here on out!

No comments:

Post a Comment