Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Friday, March 4, 2011

Just a Quick Note

                                                


I just wanted to write this note quick to answer a question that I have been asked a lot lately.  A few of my followers not only read this blog, but are also my friends on GoodReads, Shelfari, or We Read (on facebook).  They have noticed that I have had Perchance to Dream by Lisa Mantchev and Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler in my "currently reading" pile for longer than it should have taken me to read them.  They want to know what it is that is making me take so long with these two books.  Is there something about them that is hard to get into?   Are they super long?  Are the dull or uninteresting?

The answers to all of those is this:

No there is not a darn thing wrong with either of these books.  In fact, it is the complete opposite.  I adore Lisa Mantchev's books.  I found Eyes Like Stars to be the greatest read in a bubble bath, let your relaxed mind fill with the brilliant images that she so beautifully writes in explicit details.  In fact, I loved it so much, that I was sad when I finished it and agonized by the wait for Perchance to Dream, which wasn't released for months after finishing Eyes Like Stars.  
So when I received my Librarian's ARC of Perchance to Dream, I vowed that I would not finish it before the third book was either released or I had a Librarian's ARC in my hands.  So I have not let myself read more than a few pages or (once in a while) chapters before I force myself to put it down again.  I will be finishing it sometime this summer, as So Silver Bright is set to be release September 13, 2011.

As for Rage by Jackie Morse Kessler, most of you have read my review of her brilliant and emotional novel, Hunger, the first in her Horsemen of the Apocalypse series.  This novel was such an original, unique, and emotionally gut-wrenching masterpiece, truly a book that every teenage girl should read to show the dark side of eating disorders.  I cannot say enough great things about this novel, and with that in mind, could not wait to get my hands on Rage, the second book in this hard-hitting series.  
Once I got Rage from Netgalley, I started reading immediately, devouring the first few chapters so quickly that I had to stop myself.  I knew that I was going to immediately want the third book, Loss, which doesn't come out until 2012.  
So as much as it pains me, I have put this book down for a couple of months.  I would love to be able to read a couple of pages or chapters like I am doing with Perchance to Dream, but I believe that with this brilliant a writer, this amazing of a story, and this horribly long time before the next book, I just can't trust myself not to devour it in one sitting and be left with this hole inside of me that only the rest of the series can fill.

So that, ladies and gentleman, is why I  have had those two books on my "currently reading" list for a heck of a lot longer than it should have taken me to read them.  I hope that this answer not only satisfies your curiosity, but piques your intrigue enough to make you check these two books (and their respective series) out and maybe find the joy and wonder in them that I have.


No comments:

Post a Comment