Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Friday, December 17, 2010

I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore


From GoodReads: In the beginning they were a group of nine. Nine aliens who left their home planet of Lorien when it fell under attack by the evil Mogadorian. Nine aliens who scattered on Earth. Nine aliens who look like ordinary teenagers living ordinary lives, but who have extraordinary, paranormal skills. Nine aliens who might be sitting next to you now. 
The Nine had to separate and go into hiding. The Mogadorian caught Number One in Malaysia, Number Two in England, and Number Three in Kenya. All of them were killed. John Smith, of Paradise, Ohio, is Number Four. He knows that he is next. 
I AM NUMBER FOUR is the thrilling launch of a series about an exceptional group of teens as they struggle to outrun their past, discover their future—and live a normal life on Earth. 
I AM NUMBER FOUR. 
I AM NEXT.

I didn't know what I was going to think of this book at first, or if it was even something I really wanted to read.  Now that I have read it, I am glad I did.  
I enjoyed this book, though I fully believe that the next book in the series will be even better.  I was a little disappointed that there wasn't more action, I got a little sick of the love-story side of it.  Sometimes a girl just needs a good aliens-bringing-the-end-of-the-world action, like Independence Day! (such a good movie) But all-in-all I liked this book, and I most definitely will read book 2 in the Lorien Legacies.

No comments:

Post a Comment