Welcome To My Blog

Welcome to my blog! I invite you to enter into the splendiferous world of the library where I will share my knowledge and love of books I have read, as well as send out praise to the authors of these treasures. Most of the books reviewed on my site will be Teen or YA Sci-Fi/Fantasy, though every now and then I'll throw in an adult book just to shake things up.



Friday, December 10, 2010

Entice by Carrie Jones

From GoodReads: Zara and Nick are soul mates, meant to be together forever. But that's not quite how things have worked out.
For starters, well, Nick is dead. Supposedly, he's been taken to a mythic place for warriors known as Valhalla, so Zara and her friends might be able to get him back. But it's taking time, and meanwhile a group of evil pixies is devastating Bedford, with more teens going missing every day. An all-out war seems imminent, and the good guys need all the warriors they can find. But how to get to Valhalla?
And even if Zara and her friends discover the way, there's that other small problem: Zara's been pixie kissed. When she finds Nick, will he even want to go with her? Especially since she hasn't just turned. She's Astley's queen.

Once again Carrie Jones brings it all to the table and kept me hooked from the very beginning.  I LOVE the Norse mythology she is bringing into the storyline and am ADORING this series entirely!   Even though I am completely a Team Nick gal, I am slowly warming to Astley.  The characters in this story are so well written and brought to life so much that I feel a connection to each and everyone of them.  Most of all I am blown away by all the treachery and deceit in Entice.  Hats off to Carrie Jones!

No comments:

Post a Comment